How do you approach a wedding day?
I never ask anything that of my clients that isn’t honest. I want to capture your day as it really is- the loud moments, the quiet moments, the moments of vulnerability, of sheer elation. It’s all about emotional connection and keeping it real. I want to connect with my clients, feel what you are feeling, become a part of your story. This connection is the most important thing to me and because of this I love meeting with prospective clients for a casual coffee before taking a booking to make sure we click.
My style lends itself to a more photojournalistic style of photography with just the right amount of creative shots in the mix too. My approach is relaxed and natural, I step back and observe what is going on around me. I also recognise that direction is at times needed. I often hear my clients say “I’m not used to having my photo taken,” and this is perfectly normal. I might direct you to a particular place because of an amazing background or beautiful light, and from there the focus becomes on the natural interaction between two of you, not about me directing you into stuffy poses.
Do you photograph a lot of weddings each year?
The answer to this in no, I photograph a maximum of 30 weddings each year. I want to commit fully to each commission I take on and give each couple my 100% undivided attention, both on your wedding day as well as the months leading up to your wedding. Capping the amount of wedding commissions I take on allows me to do this. From the moment you book you have my undivided attention. I can help you with any questions you have, even if not directly photography related during the lead up to your day.
I individually edit all of images you receive myself. This is a time intensive process but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I want to give you the very best images possible, and for me this means no outsourcing of editing.
What’s included in your photography packages?
- a pre-consultation meeting where we meet, get to know each other over a coffee or tea and discuss your day.
- my undivided attention leading up to your day to answer any questions you may have in the lead up to your day
- A sustainably produced USB package with gift prints and carefully curated images that tell the story of your day in high resolution for printing. These images are individually edited in colour, a selection of black and white images are also included. No images contain watermarks.
- a copy of your images in low resolution to share on social media. No images contain watermarks.
- your images, in your hands within 6 weeks of your wedding date.
-All day (9 hour) coverage is available for $3500
Do you provide those fine art wedding books?
- Yes I do! Most of my couples include an album with their USB package to really get the most out of their images. It's such a special feeling holding one of these albums in you hands and reliving your day with your family and friends over a coffee. I work closely with my couples to design an album that creatives a visual narrative of the day. I offer a range of bespoke fine art albums that can purchased in addition to your USB package. More information about the albums I offer can be found here.
Is a second photographer available as well?
I will generally photograph your day by myself but can provide a second shooter upon request. A second photographer is available for $550.
Do you travel outside of Melbourne?
Absolutely! I am available to be a part of your day Australia and worldwide. Skype is great way to chat and get to know each other if you live outside of Melbourne. I can provide you with a custom quote you if live outside of Victoria. There are no additional travel fees for anywhere within Victoria however I might ask you to provide accommodation for me at the end of the night if I'm more than 2 hours from home.
Do you have insurance and back up equipment?
Yes, and yes :)
I’m excited about the thought of you being a part of our day, what next?
You can contact me here, and from there we can arrange a meeting to have a chat about your day. There's no pressure on the day book in on the spot, I'll hold you date for 3 days after our meeting. Once you decide to go ahead with the booking I draft up a wedding agreement and a 25% deposit is put down to officially secure your date.
I generally take bookings around 12 months in advance of your date but please don’t hesitate to contact me regardless of your date to check availability. Sometimes I've had enquires come in with just 6 weeks notice and I was available and it was meant to be!
During the months leading up to your day I am available for any email/ phone questions you may have.
I will contact you again around 6 weeks out before your date to organise a final meeting either in person or via Skype where we go through the finer details of your day- exact start and finish times, group photos, photography locations etc.
On your day I will be there for you, with my camera and a smile on my face capturing the beautiful story that is your wedding day.